IT sector has increased the demand for online businesses, online consumer services, software and online technologies around the globe. These aspects are supporting the continued development and growth for information technology companies. New technologies like Internet of Things (IoT), cloud computing and mobility are leading the services now. Every year, each of the top world’s information technology companies are in competition to gain from entering in the latest technologies like IoT, Data and Analytics, enterprise cloud computing etc.
Almost all the IT companies are offering their IT IBM services around the world. Here is the list of top 10 Information Technology Companies in the world. Ranking of the mentioned companies is defined on the basis of market capitalization (updated) of each company.
1. Apple Inc.: Market capitalization wise Apple Inc. is on the top of list with $789.70 billion market Value. Apple Inc., was originated in January 1977 to provide the services such as designs, manufactures media devices, personal computers and portable digital music players. The Company is selling a huge range of services and products related to software, networking solutions, IT solutions, Operating Systems including iPhone OS (iOS), OS X and watchOS operating systems, iCloud services, Apple Pay and a range of accessory, service and technical support assistance.
2. Alphabet Inc.: Alphabet Inc. is becoming the leading company in IT sector with holding the market value of $ 646.91billion currently. Alphabet Inc. became the parent company in October 2015 under which Google and other companies are operating. It is the owner of Google Venture. Alphabet Inc. is also holding the Google’s side projects including innovative technology developer Google X, Google Fiber and Google’s smart home project Nest. The main purpose of setting up the Alphabet Inc. was to make the core Google Internet business more accountable.
3. Microsoft Corporation: Microsoft Corporation is one of the famous and biggest information technology companies around the globe, which transformed the way people and businesses used technology. Microsoft Corporation is holding the capitalization of $ 542.46 billion in the market. Microsoft Corporation is offering a lot of services and products in IT sector. With windows and Personal Computers Revolution, Microsoft has also entered in enterprise business solutions, having competitors like Oracle and SAP in market. Microsoft is providing the services and products such as Windows, Office Suite, Windows Client, Microsoft Dynamics, Visual Studio, and Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint Server, hardware including Xbox and Lumia Phones and Cloud Computing Services.
4. Amazon.com Inc.: Amazon comprises the market capitalization of $ 463.86 billion. Amazon.com started its business as an online bookstore, now Amazon has become the largest online (internet-based) retailer in the world. Amazon.com is now providing the services of electronic commerce and cloud computing. The company is also producing consumer electronics, and it is becoming the largest provider of cloud infrastructure.
5. SAMSUNG: Samsung is offering the services related to development and deployment of innovative networks technologies, system integration and consultation and Samsung network equipment. Samsung comprises the market capitalization of $349.27 billion. The company is operating its business via different business divisions such as Information Technology and Mobile Communications including (computers, smart phones, communication systems and digital camera), Consumer Electronics including (television, printers, washing machine, monitor, medical devices etc.) and Device Solutions comprising (memory and large scale integrated circuits).
6. Oracle Corporation: Oracle Corporation is holding the market capitalization about $ 186.07 billion. The company is delivering the largest IT professional services solutions around the globe. Oracle is offering its products and services respectively related to applications, database development and systems of middle-tier software, world’s top programming language JAVA, engineered systems, enterprise management, and cloud computing solutions, Oracle Consultancy, Oracle Financing, and Oracle managed cloud services, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Supply Change Management (SCM) software. Oracle offers the solutions with lower IT cost and higher quality of services.
7. Cisco Systems, Inc.: Cisco is a multinational American based company, holding $173.13 billion market value. Cisco focuses into specific tech market, such as Internet of Things (IoT), Networking, Wireless and Mobility, Security, Collaboration, Data Center, Virtualization and Analytics. Strong competitors of Cisco are HPE, Microsoft and Juniper in market. Cisco’s products and services focuses on three market divisions: Enterprise Services including Enterprise networks, collaboration, data center and virtualization. Small Business including technology based startups such as router and switches, security and surveillance, wireless and network storage devices. Last segment including home based networking services like broadband etc.
8. IBM Corporation: International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation is an American based multinational company, having market value of $149.69 billion. IBM is offering the most leading services such as Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud Computing, CRM, Big Data and Analytics, IT infrastructure products and services, Cognitive business development, mobiles and security. IBM is also providing the services of enterprise business solutions, marketing sales and commerce, business operations and engineering. The big competitors of IBM in the market ar, e Teradata, CiscoOracle and SAP.